The June 15th deadline for return estimated payments for PA-40 and PA-41 is quickly approaching. The RBF tax team wanted to be sure you are aware that estimated payments of $15,000 plus must be paid electronically via myPATH online portal or PA will assess up to a $500 penalty. myPATH stands for “my Pennsylvania Tax Hub,” and replaces many of the Department of Revenue’s online services. Pennsylvania is encouraging all individuals to make payments via myPATH for any amount due.
To make a payment:
- Visit the myPATH page and scroll down to click on “Make a Payment.”
- You will be directed to a page of options. You will again select “Make a Payment.”
- On the next page, you will be asked “How would you like to apply your payment?” You can use the drop-down menus under “Account Type,” “Payment Type,” and “Tax Year” to make your selections.
- You will also need to provide your social security number or individual tax payer ID, as well as your name and contact information on this page.
- The next page will prompt you to provide a payment method. You can make a payment for ACH transfer using your checking or savings account number. You can also use a credit card to make a payment, though there is 2.49% transaction fee for this option.
Currently, myPATH is only available for personal tax self-service. Business taxes, including employer withholding tax, sales tax, and corporation taxes, will transition from E-TIDES to myPATH in November 2022.
For more information regarding myPATH for individual and business filers, click here.
Please reach out to your RBF tax professional for assistance making your myPATH payment or with any questions regarding these changes. We are always happy to help!