Sean Smith has spent the entirety of his professional accounting career with Ross Buehler Falk (RBF). He joined the firm in 2013, shortly after completing his graduate studies. Soon after, he earned his Certified Public Accountant designation. In his current role as a senior accountant, Sean performs diverse services for clients. He is accomplished in both tax and audit and excels at working with his teammates to serve firm clients.
Beyond his work at the RBF office, Sean puts his accounting acumen to work for the local community. He has served as secretary for the Lancaster Safety Coalition board of directors, an organization that seeks to enhance safety and quality of life in Lancaster, PA. During his time on the Lancaster Young Professionals board of directors, he served as their treasurer.
Sean did not start off in the accounting field. For his undergraduate, he attended York College of Pennsylvania, where he studied criminal justice, graduating magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in 2006. In 2010 he returned to school, enrolling at the Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University. He graduated with a Master of Accounting and Financial Management degree in 2013 and joined RBF shortly after.
Originally from Milford, Delaware, Sean currently lives in Lancaster with his wife, Becs, to whom he has been married since 2010. They have a son, Harrison, who “is four years old and is training to be a teacher, doctor, firefighter, and superhero.” Sean loves exploring Lancaster and the surrounding area. He appreciates that it is big enough to offer “most every urban amenity you could want,” but small enough to be affordable and offer a neighborly atmosphere. Plus, with excellent hiking, camping, and agriculture just a few minutes outside the city, Sean likes to say that he has “the best of all worlds.”
Want to get to know Sean even better? We asked him a variety of silly questions, and here’s what we learned:
- If Sean could visit any fictional place, he would visit New York City—that is, “the one in How I Met Your Mother where everyone can afford spacious apartments in midtown Manhattan, despite never being seen at work.”
- Sean’s first job was working at a car dealership in Delaware, detailing vehicles.
- If he could have any superpower, Sean would choose either immortality or the ability to read minds, but only if he could turn the power off at will.
- The most unusual thing that Sean has ever eaten is fried rattlesnake.
- Sean has many ideas about what he would do with his extra time, if he didn’t have to sleep: “Work, maybe take on a part-time job, study new skills, read nonfiction, exercise, and stay tidy and organized.”
- The farthest that Sean has ever been from home is Cambridge, England. He travelled there to visit his wife’s family.