Cindy Barr has devoted the entirety of her professional career to serving Ross Beuhler Falk (RBF). She joined the firm in June of 1989, just after graduating from college. She currently serves as a Supervisor. Her favorite aspect of this role is that it allows her to see the whole picture of each client—from preparing financial statements through filing tax returns.
A cum laude graduate of Elizabethtown College, Cindy holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. While a student, she joined Alpha Lamda Delta and Delta Mu Delta, two honor societies. After graduating in 1989, she continued to study hard and went on to earn her CPA license in 1991.
Outside of the office, Cindy is an active participant in both the professional and local communities. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) And the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA). She puts her accounting knowledge to work as a member of her church’s Finance Committee.
Cindy enjoys living in the Lancaster area because it offers an ideal mixture of country and urban living. While both of her parents came from large families, Cindy is an only child. But that doesn’t mean she is lacking in close family—she has 20 first cousins, alone! While Cindy’s father passed away 10 years ago, she still gets to enjoy spending time with her mother. She also has a cat named Buddy.
Want to get to know Cindy even better? We asked her a variety of silly questions, and here’s what we learned:
- If Cindy could visit any fictional place, she would go to Oz, from the Wizard of Oz (as long as she could click her heels to return home anytime she wanted).
- The farthest from home that Cindy has ever traveled is Italy—she toured Milan, the Tuscany area, and Rome.
- Cindy’s first job was working as an assistant in a library. It never failed that the copier toner would run out on the days when she wore white!
- Living in Elizabethtown, which is where the Wrigley-Mars plant is located, had an impact on Cindy’s life—her favorite smell is chocolate!
- If Cindy didn’t have to sleep, she would spend the extra time catching up on movies that she has meant to watch over the years.