Why Businesses Should Be Worried About Mobile Security and How to Keep Safe
Cybersecurity has become more important than ever, especially with the rise in cyberattacks. However, much focus is put on computers, laptops, servers, etc. Mobile phones and tablets seem to be overlooked when talking about cybersecurity. Today, smartphones are integrated into the modern workforce as driven by work at home and remote working. To enhance mobility,… View ArticleRead More
Combating Employee Hesitancy to Not Return to the Office
According to the January 2022 Future Forum Pulse survey, there’s been a shift in what workers want post-pandemic. The report found that in Q4 of 2021, 78 percent of workers from six industrialized companies wanted location flexibility. The survey also found that 95 percent desired schedule flexibility. This is in light of the same survey… View ArticleRead More
Too Many Transactions in QuickBooks Online? Create Rules
One of the cardinal rules of accounting is this: Go through your new transactions every day. If you wait until there are too many of them, you’re likely to give them short shrift. You may miss problems, just as you might skip categorizing some of them because it simply takes too long. But correct categorization… View ArticleRead More
Why Employee Classification is of Paramount Importance
Not too long ago in Orlando, Florida, a federal investigation uncovered a situation where 22 workers were denied overtime by a Florida-based equipment rental company. The company was paying flat salaries to certain employees, regardless of how many hours they worked in a given week. It was revealed that they were doing this in an… View ArticleRead More
The 50/30/20 Budgeting Rule Explained
You may or may not have heard of the 50/30/20 budgeting rule, but it’s a good one — one that will help make organizing your finances a lot simpler. The basic idea is to divide up your after-tax income and allocate it for spending in this way: 50 percent on your needs, 30 percent on… View ArticleRead More
Considerations When Selling a Business
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration and Project Equality, 60 percent of business owners plan to cash out of the business in the next 10 years. For the baby boomer generation, it’s especially important as they contemplate retirement, with this generation reportedly owning 2.3 million businesses. When it comes to getting a business ready… View ArticleRead More
What Does the Metaverse Mean for Businesses
Metaverse has become a buzzword with much debate on its potential implications once it is fully realized. As far as businesses are concerned, the metaverse presents new opportunities and challenges, especially for marketing, branding, and communication professionals. Understanding Metaverse Metaverse became a hot topic thanks to Facebook announcing its rebrand to Meta in October 2021…. View ArticleRead More
How Soon and Fast Will the Fed Raise Rates?
There’s much uncertainty surrounding if, how, and when the Federal Reserve will raise its rates, end its bond and mortgage-backed security purchases, and wind down its balance sheet. For the March 16 Fed Meeting, the CME FedWatch Tool has a 47.9 percent probability of a 25 to 50 basis point increase and a 52.1 percent… View ArticleRead More
Congratulations, You Just Sold Your Business: What Happens Next?
What Makes a Business Sustainable?
When we are talking about building a sustainable business, we are talking about one that is built to last. Often, entrepreneurs get caught up in the headlines about businesses with hyper-growth rates. We start thinking of how we can replicate these results. But what is often missing is these results are just short-term, fueled by… View ArticleRead More